Purchase Cover – Taxi

Taxi Excess Insurance

This type of excess insurance is specifically for vehicles used as a taxi
Cover is for 12 months but is renewable even if you make a claim

How much excess do you want to cover?Complete the form below & select the amount of excess using the drop down box below

What's Covered

✓ Excess is the amount you have to pay towards a claim on your taxi motor insurance policy. Our Taxi Motor Excess Insurance policy will pay the excess for you instead.

You can make one claim per term, meaning this policy ends once a claim has been paid.

What's not covered

Any excess deducted due to a claim for windscreen, glass or personal effects.

Where there is not a valid claim under your Taxi Motor Insurance Policy because the repair cost or total loss value is lower than the value of excess on your comprehensive policy.

We're here to help

Please call us if you have any questions, our office is open Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm - 01704 320105.

Most frequently asked questions

Q. What happens when I need to claim?

A. You will need to speak to your comprehensive insurer and arrange for the vehicle to be assessed/repaired and its a good idea to give your insurer permission to discuss your claim with us. You need to call us on 03450 405975 to report the claim within 30 days of the incident occuring.

Q. Do you contribute to my repair bill if I don't claim on my taxi insurance policy?

A. No, we are insuring your excess not the cost to repair damage. There has to be a valid claim on your taxi insurance policy with an excess that you are liable to pay.

Q. Would I be better off by increasing my excess to £2,000?

A. Remember, in order to make a claim on your comprehensive insurance, the amount that it costs to repair your vehicle must be greater than the excess amount. If not then you will have to pay for any repairs that are less than your nominated excess amount. For example, your excess is £1,000 and you have an accident, the damage to your vehicle will cost £650 to repair, there will be no claim on your Motor Insurance or your Excess Insurance. Or your vehicle is a total loss and valued at £1,800 but your excess is £2,000, there will be no claim on your Motor Insurance or your Excess Insurance.

Q. Are other drivers covered for excess insurance if they have an accident in my vehicle?

A. Yes, as long as they are a named driver on your motor insurance policy.

Q. Do you cover minibuses? 

A. Yes, our taxi excess insurance policy covers any type of vehicle, owned or operated by you which you hold (or are a named driver) an taxi insurance policy for.

 More answers to your questions