Below is a selection of our most frequently asked questions, if you can’t find the answer here then please enter your question in the contacts us tab in the top right hand menu. We shall contact you as soon as possible.

What if I have a complaint?

In the first instance please contact us with any concerns you may have, we promise to respond within 1 working day. Wepayanyexcess.com, 70 Eastbourne Road, Southport, PR8 4DU. Tel: 01704 32105. Email: info@wepayanyexcess.com.

In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your complaint you can refer the matter to Acasta Europe Limited, a copy of their complaints procedure is available on their website or you can contact them at Acasta Europe Limited, Anglia House, Carrs Road, Cheadle, Cheshire, SK8 2LA. Tel: 0800 668 1350. Email: info@acastaeurope.co.uk.

Finally if after 8 weeks you’re still not happy you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to get involved. Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Tel: 0300 123 9123. Email: complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

Do you cover company cars?

Yes, provided you are the authorised driver of the vehicle and it has comprehensive insurance in your name or the companies name.

The excess policy is set up in joint names, yours and the companies, that’s why its really important that you provide the companies name when you purchase our excess policy. Failure to do so could mean that the excess policy isn’t valid.

If I have an accident abroad will you still cover me?

Yes, provided that it was within the EU and the vehicle had valid insurance in place.

I recently had an accident, can I purchase a policy today to pay my excess?

Sorry we cant cover incidents that happened before you purchased our Excess Insurance policy or ones that occur within the first 30 days of purchasing one of our policies.

My insurance is not due to be renewed for 9 months. Is there any benefit increasing my excess now?

Yes! You can increase your excess mid term by contacting your insurer, they will likely reduce your monthly payments or refund you the difference.

Would I be better increasing my insurance excess to £1000?

Potentially, this should result in the greatest savings for you. However remember, in order to make a claim, the amount that it costs to repair your vehicle must be greater than the amount you have selected to insure. If not then you will have to pay for any repairs that are less than your nominated excess amount. For example, your excess is £1,000 and you have an accident, the damage to your vehicle will cost £650 to repair, there will be no claim on your Motor Insurance or your Excess Insurance. Or your vehicle is a total loss and valued at £1,800 but your excess is £2,000, there will be no claim on your Motor Insurance or your Excess Insurance.

We therefore suggest that you select the excess amount that you feel most comfortable with.

Will my Insurer reduce my premium if I increase my excess?

In the majority of cases yes. For Example Admiral, Aviva, Churchill and Direct Line all state on their websites that an increased excess will reduce your premium.

Why do you only offer one claim per term cover?

Most people don’t expect to make a claim every year, so with one claim per term of policy we believe that we are offering further peace of mind, no forgetting to renew an annual policy, it is inflation proof and represents more savings to you. Purchase a policy today and be covered for the period you chose, no more hassle!

When is the best time to purchase a policy?

The good news it that you can purchase excess insurance at any time, or at renewal. Just inform your insurer that you wish to increase your voluntary excess. If you are renewing online remember to alter the excess amount that you wish to pay or have altered this amount if you are obtaining quotes through a comparison site.

When do I need to notify you of a potential claim?

We suggest as soon as the incident occurs. We can direct you to a Repairer who will repair to Manufacturer standards protecting your vehicle Warranty. You do not have to use a Repairer chosen by your Motor Insurer.

What vehicles are covered?

Cars, Motorbikes and light commercial vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes that are not over 12 years old, over 120,000 miles or are have a value greater than £125,000 at the start of your policy.

What if the accident was not my fault?

No problem we can direct you to a Claims Management Company that will provide a Hire Vehicle, Medical Assistance and Personal Injury Lawyers if you require this Service.

What if my insurer declares my vehicle a write off?

No problem, we still pay your excess as long as the settlement offer is greater than your excess amount.

In the event that the insurer ceases trading or could not fulfill their commitments, what would happen?

Simple, in the unlikely event that this should happen, you are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme which means that your claim would always be covered for up to 90% of its value.

If I need to make a claim what do I do?

Complete our Online Claim Form or you can also download a Claim Form which you or the repairer will need to email to us along with the requested documents.  (admin@wepayanyexcess.com)

Any questions please call us on 01704 320105, our offices are open Monday-Friday; 9am to 5pm, there is a voicemail service in operation outside of these hours.

Claims need to be reported to us within 30 days of the incident and prior to the repair being completed.

I have bought one of your policies and I am about to change my vehicle what do I do?

Simple, contact us and we will arrange to transfer the policy to your new vehicle. All we need is a copy of the sales invoice and payment of the £10 transfer fee. There is no restriction on the amount of times you can transfer cover but you must notify us within 30 days of the new vehicle purchase.

How do you refund my excess?

We will pay your excess directly to the bodyshop repairing your vehicle, saving you the hassle of paying and claiming back! If the vehicle is a total loss we can also pay a dealer directly if you purchase a replacement.

How do I know that if I buy this cover from you that the insurer will pay out if I need to make a claim?

We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 828724) which you can quickly check by going onto their website (https://register.fca.org.uk/), this means you are protected as long as you have paid us for the policy

Does the insurance excess policy work with any motor insurance policy?

Yes, any policy for car van or motorbike.

Do you pay the whole excess amount?

As long as the repair cost is greater than the insurance excess limit on your motor insurance policy.



Do you cover Multi-Car Policies?

Yes, you can either purchase an insurance excess policy for each driver or select one level of excess to cover if the drivers are insured on all of the vehicles.